Case | Sabatini is proud of its extensive history of serving governmental clients. We offer a wide range of professional services for school districts, cities, townships, boroughs, counties, councils of government, housing and redevelopment authorities, water and sewer authorities, economic development authorities, and many other government entities. Our expertise has been sought out and relied upon heavily in recent years as we follow the trend of increasing financial accountability in the public sector.
Our professionals receive intensive training in areas of governmental auditing, accounting, and management. We remain involved in industry associations such as the Government Finance Officers Association and the Allegheny League of Municipalities.
The services we offer include accounting and auditing services, consulting services, management advisory services, as well as IT-related services. We understand the public sector and have a deep understanding of the best financial and technical practices to help your organization run smoothly.
Typical Engagements for Our Governmental Clients:
- Basic Financial Statement Audits
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) Audits
- Single Audits
- Government compliance audits
- Government special reports
- Budgeting, forecasting, and projections
- Agreed Upon Procedures
- Operational reviews
- Investigations / forensic accounting
- Governmental consulting and training
- Internal control evaluations
- Pension and profit-sharing plan accounting
- Retirement system audits
- Strategic planning
- Special studies (privatization studies, feasibility studies, etc.)
- Other consulting services in the area of IT, marketing, and HR
Additional GFOA Involvement
Our Senior Auditor, Scott Grant, CPA, is a member of the GFOA Special Review Committee (SRC). His work with the SRC involves the review of financial statements submitted to the GFOA by governments seeking the Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting Program. Through this work, Scott has reviewed the financial statements of governments throughout the United States and has gained knowledge of the current reporting practices for many types of governments.